Frequently Asked Questions

How much will it cost for a new passport?

Answer: The total for a new passport depends on the level of service you desire and the shipping method. Our fees are paid online, and the government fees are paid separately in the form of a check when you send us the rest of the required documents.

How does your service work?

Answer: We have "slots" with the U.S. Department of State and registered couriers that enables our company to expedite passport applications. Our couriers "hand carry" your passport application and submits it to the passport agency for processing. Once the application is processed, we Fed ex your passport back to you along with your original birth certificate or expired passport.

Can I buy multiple passports under one account?

Answer: No. You will need to create a separate account for each person who needs a passport or visa.

I don't have an official copy of a US Birth Certificate, do I need one?

Answer: Yes, you will need an official copy of your birth certificate (with the raised state seal) in order to process your passport. An old passport or naturalization certificate can also be used. You will get it back with your new passport. Your local state office should have your birth certificate on file. Otherwise, the National Center for Health Center Statistics may be able to help in locating your birth certificate

How do I know you are legitimate?

Answer: We are a private company that is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to licensed couriers and expedite our applicants passport applications.

Do you guarantee your service?

Answer: Yes.

How many years is my passport valid?

Answer: If you were 16 or older when the passport was issued, then your passport is valid for 10 Years and can be renewed. If you were 15 or Younger when the passport was issued, then your passport is valid for 5 Years and cannot be renewed.

What is a Passport?

Answer: A United States passport is an internationally recognized travel document attesting to the identity and nationality of the bearer. Basically, it is a request on the part of the issuing government that officials of foreign governments permit the bearer to travel to and in their territories and to afford them all lawful aid and protection.

Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?

Answer: As of January 23, 2007 all AIR travel to and from Mexico and Canada requires a US Passport. Land or sea travel does not require a US Passport yet, but it is highly recommended for security and other reasons. If traveling by land or sea without a US passport you must have a birth certificate or other proof of U.S. citizenship and proper ID and be prepared for a potentially longer stay at the Customs Desk.

How are passport photos different from regular photos?

Answer: There are many requirements when taking a passport photo. You should not risk having your passport processing be delayed because of your passport photo. It is best to have an official photo taken. Many post offices can provide this service for you.

What is passport authorization letter?

Answer: A signed passport authorization allows Continental Passports to represent you at the Passport Agency and process your passport documents.

What is an acceptance agent?

Answer: Acceptance agents are authorized by the government to witness the signing of your DS-11 application and initiate its execution. They are generally located at Federal offices such as Post Offices, Court Houses and some Libraries. Acceptance agencies are not notaries.

How do I change my name for a marriage or divorce?

Answer: If your current passport is within one year of issue, you can submit a DS-5504 application along with the passport to be replaced, the appropriate documentation supporting the change and two new photos. If it is more than one year since the date of issue, you must submit using the DS-82 application form (or DS-11, if appropriate), and follow the appropriate procedures. NOTE: In both cases, original certified documentation of your name change will be required. (e.g., state marriage certificate, divorce decree with your new name, etc.) All original documents are returned with your new passport.

Where are visas processed?

Answer: Visas are processed and issued by Embassies and Consulates. Continental Passports will submit the necessary documentation on your behalf to the appropriate Consulate or Embassy. Please call our office for specific information on processing your visa documentation.

Do I need to send my physical passport when I apply for a visa?

Answer: Yes, in most cases your visa is stamped directly into your passport in the visa section of your passport. You will need a full page for the visa stamp. If you do not have available space in your passport, you will need to have additional pages added by the Passport Agency. This could lengthen the time it takes to obtain a visa.

Do I get my old passport back when I renew it?

Answer: Yes, your old, canceled passport is returned to you. It should be kept in a safe place since it can be used as proof of your U.S. citizenship. If it is badly damaged or mutilated then it may not be returned.

What do I do if my passport is lost, stolen, or mutilated?

Answer: You will have to fill out a DS-64, indicating that your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated. Be sure to bring new passport photos and official copy of your birth certificate to the acceptance agent. Note: Many acceptance agents have the capacity to take a passport photo.

Do I need a passport to take a cruise?

Answer: It is definitely best to have a passport to take a cruise.

The final phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, which became law on June 1, 2009, requires American citizens traveling to Mexico, Canada or the Caribbean by land or by sea to present one of the following documents to re-enter the country:

A US passport book
A US passport card (Note: Unlike the US passport book, the US passport card is not valid for air travel)

Where can I order a birth certificate?


How old must you be to possess a passport?

Answer: All U.S. citizens (including infants) must possess their own valid passport when traveling internationally. Parents may sign for a child who is too young to sign their own name by signing their name and their relationship to the child. Only a mother, father or legal guardian can fill out, sign and submit passport documentation for children under 13. Remember that the child must be present at the passport acceptance agent location with current ID.


Track your Order

To track the status of an existing order enter the following information:



Barbara Sweeney
I am writing this letter to let you know how satisfied I was of the great service I received from Continental passports and Melissa Christensen. I had booked a trip to Italy for Christmas, leaving on December 25,2011 when I realized that my passport expired within 90 days of my trip. After numerous calls to a variety of government agencies, including the airlines, each giving me a different answer, I found Melissa. After calling her and finding out I should get it done, she sent me all the necessary paperwork by email with a checklist and timeline to get it expedited... Read more
Featured Clients
Quick Passport Services
We are a full service passport expediting private company that is officially registered with the Houston Passport agency to expedite your passport request.